1908 Sears Catalog ad: Automatic Liquid Pistol -- "a practical defense against vicious dogs and tramps"

. Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Automatic Liquid Pistol. This is the genuine U.S.A. pistol. Can be used with water or any liquid. By operating the trigger it may be loaded or discharged as often as desired. Throws a fine stream from 10 to 20 feet and is a very practical defense against vicious dogs or tramps. A good protection for the cyclist. No. 19K2229 Liquid Pistol. Price 40 cents. If by mail, postage extra 9 cents.
From this looks of this ad, the automatic liquid pistol is not a toy. I mean, you wouldn't carry a silly modern plastic water gun to fend off vicious dogs and tramps, would you?

If I can find an authentic liquid pistol I'm totally going to carry it when I ride my bike. You know... for protection.

Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...