1922 ad: Erector Sets for the men of tomorrow

. Thursday, December 5, 2013

Boys today -- men tomorrow. Thousands of young men from 20 to 30 years old who are today making great strides in engineering, chemistry and other sciences were Gilbert Toy boys just a few years ago. I have watched their progress with intense interest and I will tell you that I am mighty proud that my engineering toys have started these boys on the road to success. When I was a boy I loved to play with scientific things myself but no one made the kind of toys that I wanted, so I said that some day I would make for a new generation of boys toys that I wanted when I was a kid myself. That is why there are wonderful Gilbert toys for all kinds of scientific fun, electrical sets, telegraph sets, signal engineering, weather bureau outfits, civil engineering, hydraulic and pneumatic engineering, light experiments, sound experiments, glass blowing, mineralogy, magnetism, as well as all kinds of magic outfits, and sets to perform tricks with coins, handkerchiefs and cards. There is a Gilbert Toy for every boy. They range in price from $1.00 to $30.00. Make this the best Christmas you ever had in your life, get a $5 Erector Set or any other Gilbert Toy for the kid brother, boy friend or son. The A.C. Gilbert Company. New Haven, Connecticut. in Canada The A.C. Gilbert-Menzies Co. Limited, Toronto.

Pin It!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...